N.S.S.Training college ,Changanacherry is one of the pioneer educational institution which started functioning in 1954 under the management of Nair Service Society, a registered charitable society founded in the year 1914 by late Mannath Padmanabhan,the legendary,social reformer,educationist and visionary. The institution is affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University ,Kottayam.
.Our founder has realized the significance of education as the growth of any community for that he approached the wealthy class to collect money to commence educational institution and persuaded people to donate land for the purpose. The vision of our founder to serve the downtrodden of the society and empower the weaker and marginalized people in the community is put in to practice by our institution through these programmes.We believe that these activities act as a catalyst in empowering the student teachers to lead the community as well as to serve the community.
Areas of Distinctiveness
- The college has developed a clear vision, viz, ‘Vidya Viniyogaath Vikas’ the meaning of which is progress results from proper application of knowledge. Being a teacher education institution, the student teachers of our institution are provided with a wide variety of activities to gain knowledge and apply it appropriately. They become future teachers to prepare school students and to serve the nation as ideal citizens. Thus the vision is clearly put in to practice in our institution.
- Activities such as ACADP, "A Coin a Day for the Poor"
- Teaching Empowerment Programme (TEP) supply of teaching aids to schools in the campus.
- Learning Empowerment Programme (LEP) supply of learning aids like note books, instrument boxes to economically backward students of the model school .
- ‘Santhwanam’-visiting Orphange and old age home, supply food,clothing,learning materials and donations, conducting classes and cultural programmes at the orphanages.
- ’Pothicor”-Noonmeal programme for the poor in the street .
ACADP, "A Coin a Day for the Poor" programme to help the poor people of the society by generating a fund through the daily contribution from students and staff which helps the pupil to think and save for the weaker and socially deprived people of the society. The amount collected through this is donated to the weaker section of the society every year.